85 g of Novita 7 veljestä (75 % wool, 25 % polyamide) for a pair of slippers
4 mm or size to obtain gauge
About 38 (European size), slipper’s circumference = 25 cm.
If you need further information on shoe sizes, google for international shoe size charts.
Please note that the pattern is for this one size only. I'm not a professional pattern maker and cannot just throw figures for different sizes, so please don't even ask! An easy way to make at least a slightly different size is to change to thinner or thicker yarn and needles. Again, I don't know how thin or thick the yarn or needles should be for the size you're making - that you'll have to figure out by yourself by trying different yarns and needles - that's exactly what I'd have to do in the same situation! :-)
22 sts = 10 cm in garter stitch
K = knit
K2tog = knit two stitches together
M1 = make one
sts = stitches
1. Cast on 36 sts.
2. Knit 2 rows.
3. K15, *M1, K2*, repeat *_* two more times, M1, K15.
4. Knit 3 rows.
5. K15, M1, K3, M1, K4, M1, K3, M1, K15.
6. Knit 3 rows.
7. K15, M1, K4, M1, K6, M1, K4, M1, K15.
8. Knit 3 rows.
9. K15, M1, K5, M1, K8, M1, K5, M1, K15.
10. Knit 5 rows.
11. K15, M1, K6, M1, K10, M1, K6, M1, K15.
12. Knit in garter stitch until slipper measures about 20 cm or covers little toe.
At this stage the slipper will look like this.
13. *K5, K2tog *. Repeat *_* for the whole row.
14. K 5 rows.
15. *K4, K2tog*. Repeat *_* for the whole row.
16. Knit 3 rows.
17. *K3, K2tog *. Repeat *_* for the whole row.
18. K 3 rows.
19. *K2, K2tog *. Repeat *_* for the whole row.
20. Knit 1 row.
21. *K1, K2tog *. Repeat *_* for the whole row.
22. Knit 1 row.
23. *K2tog*. Repeat *_* for the whole row.
24. Cut yarn but leave a long tail for sewing. Pull the yarn through the remaining 8 sts.
25. Sew top seam leaving an opening for the ankle. (See the photo below.)
26. Sew heel seam. (See the photo below.)